Teacher Impact Grants
Teacher Impact Grants are awarded to educators in all of Marshall’s K-12 public and private schools. Grants are offered in October and March to applicants who seek financial support for objectives that enhance the learning of Marshall’s students.
These funds are made available through unrestricted donations made by alumni, community members, local organizations, and through our fundraising efforts and our business sponsors who advertise in the Marshall High School gymnasium.
Over the past 5 years, Pride in the Tiger Foundation has awarded over $300,000 in grants to Marshall’s public and private schools.
Teacher Impact Grant Criteria
- Does the request fall within the Mission statement?
- Is the request related to core curriculum and/or extracurricular activities?
- Is the request for an educational purpose for students?
- Does the request have a significant impact relating to an educational purpose?
- How many students will be impacted by the program?
- Will the program have a lasting value and/or impact for the students or the school?
- What has been allocated to this type of event or activity in the past?
- Has there been a fair distribution of funds between grades, buildings, schools?
- What funds are available in the unrestricted account?
- What additional programs or requests are foreseeable for the remainder of the funding year?
- What other funding sources are available for this request (capital outlay budget, PTA, other sources)?
- Does funding this request provides visibility for the Foundation?