The Pride in the Tiger Foundation (PITF) awarded $54,416 in Teacher Impact Grants in October. These grants are awarded to both public and private schools in Marshall.
Educators within all of Marshall’s schools complete grant applications which are reviewed by the Pride in the Tiger Foundation Teacher Impact Grant Committee. Applications are scored based on meeting the Foundation’s mission, having a clear objective, and lasting impact. The committee makes a recommendation to the full PITF Board of Directors. These grants are awarded twice a year, in October and March. In October, PITF received 62 grant applications from teachers in Marshall’s schools.
Some of the grants supported in the October grant cycle included:
- Boogie Boards & Field Trips at Holy Redeemer School
- Accelerated Reader & Spelling Bee Entry at Samuel Lutheran School
- Classroom Rugs, Field Trips, Books, and Rhythm Unit Equipment at True Light Christian.
- Living on Your Own supplies at MATEC
- Laser Engraver, Yearbook Camera, Books & Video Production Computers at Marshall High School
- Field Trips, EL Materials and Plant Science Materials at Marshall Middle School
- Books, Costumes, Props and Softstart Activities at Southview
- A Listening Center at Park Side
“The Pride in the Tiger Foundation is excited to continue having a positive impact on the education of youth in Marshall,” said Executive Director Krista Bjella. “We wouldn’t be able to provide this kind of support without the generosity of our donors and sponsors. The Marshall community is so supportive of our mission and the work we do to support our kids!”
The Pride in the Tiger Foundation is a non-profit organization that seeks to provide financial and other support to activities and extraordinary educational programs supporting children’s personal growth and development in their pursuit of excellence.
The Foundation will host its annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony at Marshall High School on May 17, 2023, starting at 7:00 pm. Graduating seniors will be awarded scholarships given by generous donors to further their education.